VERIFY aims at developping a series of products:
- Product 1: Regional details of GHG anthropogenic emissions and sinks across the EU, on a 10 km grid for bottom-up models and 50 km for top-down inversions, with full documentation on algorithms and uncertainties.
- Product 2: Attribution of GHG fluxes in the land-use sector to management (fertilisers use, forest management, agricultural practices) versus climate drivers (climate change, rising CO2 and nitrogen deposition).
- Product 3: Annually updated observation-based national GHG budgets of the EU countries for CO2, CH4 and N2O .
- Product 4: Annual synthesis and reconciliation of the GHG budgets of EU countries between observation-based estimates and UNFCCC inventories performed with representatives of national inventory agencies.
- Product 5: Full documentation, system requirements, and implementation recommendations to operationalise the methodology of the project for the routine update of GHG budgets verified by independent observations.
- Product 6: Synthesis of observation-based estimates and UNFCCC GHG budgets for China, US, Indonesia, performed with foreign academic and institutional partners, based on methodologies from the project.
VERIFY aims at facilitating the cooperation between the national inventories agencies and the climate scientific community.