VERIFY is looking for its new project manager.
|Title||Project management of three projects of the European H2020 and COPERNICUS programs|
|Type of contract||Full time fixed duration contract (CDD)|
|Duration||2,5 years, possibly renewable|
|Qualification||Master or higher. Specialized in international project management|
|Salary||Based on the official salary grid of CEA, that depends on diplomas and experience|
|Location||LSCE (Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement), CEA, Orme des Merisiers, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette, France|
VERIFY (http://verify.lsce.ipsl.fr/) is a large research and innovation project of the European H2020 program that brings together the complementary expertise of 38 partners. It is developing a system to estimate greenhouse gas emissions in order to support countries’ emission reporting to the UN Climate Change Convention Secretariat. Copernicus is the European Union flagship program on monitoring the Earth’s environment using satellite and in-situ observations. Its Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS, https://atmosphere.copernicus.eu/) is operated by the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF, UK). CEA-LSCE is the coordinator of the VERIFY project and is in charge of two CAMS services linked to the monitoring of greenhouse gases for the coming 3 years. The three projects have already started and are running well.
The chosen candidate will act as the Manager for the three projects. His/her tasks will consist in:
- Representing the projects in regular discussions and meetings with the European Commission / ECMWF on contractual and administrative issues;
- Drafting reporting documents and minutes of the meetings with the European Commission / ECMWF;
- Managing the interactions with all partners of CEA across Europe for these projects;
- Monitoring the project implementation and ensuring that the work plans are timely achieved;
- Supporting the project coordinators in planning, producing, collecting and reviewing the deliverables, milestones and other outcomes in collaboration with the financial services: distribution and transfer of funding, keeping records on expenses, and all projects documents;
- Following all contractual obligations between CEA and the European Commission / ECMWF, and between CEA and all partners, and supporting the drafting of additional contracts in collaboration with the legal divisions involved;
- Preparing meetings (General Assemblies, dedicated work-package meetings, etc.) and tele/videoconferences.
The required skills for applicants are:
- Expertise on administrative and financial project management,
- Skill and interest in communication with a variety of professions,
- Mobility (occasional visits to some European partners),
- Experience in the management of international projects appreciated,
- Written and oral fluency both in English and French,
- Capacity to work independently and efficiently,Strong organizational skills, adaptability and responsiveness,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: ability to work in team and in a multicultural context,
- Knowledge of the European institutional environment and in the field of research and innovation,
- A scientific background in Climate sciences would be an advantage.
The contract is for a minimum of 2,5 years, starting as early as possible. The position will be at Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l’Environnement (Gif-sur-Yvette, France).
Candidates should contact before the end of May 2019: